Do it yourself downloads
The RE Store works to give you the information, research, and inspiration to support your project. Download these Do-It-Yourself guides, green demolition aka "deconstruction" case studies and general information pamphlets.
Adobe Reader required - download the free reader if you don't have it.
- Chicken coop "A-Frame design" - plan and detailed instructions
- Doors: Add Character and Function with Salvaged Doors
- Flooring: Buying & Installing Used Flooring
- Rain Barrels: Grow Your Own Water
- Sheds: Extra Space or a Special Place
- Slate: A Choice Stone Surface
Green Demolition "Deconstruction" case studies
- pdf Executive Summary of four case studies performed by The RE Store .
- pdf Case Studies: 1 2 3 4
View the case study of a pan abode house deconstruction in partnership with King County Solid Waste
pdf Case Study
Visit our other do it yourself pages:
- Take a hands-on workshop at either of our two stores.
- Check out the RE Store Rockstars projects that have been done by people like you on our blog.
- Visit our Books and audio resources page for in-depth books and other publications.
- Read about some gift ideas on our thrifty gift idea page.
Read more about The RE Store in the daily/weekly press and national publications
Sign up for our free monthly email newsletter and stay tuned in to the latest great materials, workshops, green building tips, and community events.
Our Twitter feed
TheREStoreTweet: Our friends at Village Nursery are hosting at Food Swap this weekend. More info about the Food Swap Co-op... http://t.co/H8K2s7O6KT
TheREStoreTweet: Natural ways to restore your salvage and reclaimed wood projects of any size or type: http://t.co/rwlUFcwMqw http://t.co/7nBfxEX0xy
TheREStoreTweet: Hey Ballardites - join us this Saturday with our neighbors at Apex Automotive for their 49th Street Open House, 4-9p! http://t.co/EDnh8CHoDG
TheREStoreTweet: Seating fun with salvaged doors: http://t.co/yMtsBDbWQa http://t.co/tmZLlL2ToN