What can I expect at The RE Store?
Locations and Hours
Donating materials - save money on disposal!
Help support our Salvage Crew by drinking beer with us July 25th - more info here
The RE Store in Seattle opened in 1999. The store carries cabinets, doors, windows, plumbing fixtures, a large variety of vintage and antique lighting and door hardware, flooring, trim, and much more. Our Field Service crews work with many contractors, demolition companies, and homeowners throughout the region, bringing new items in every day for your remodeling and restyling needs.
The RE Store generally prices our inventory at 50% of the price of new or less. You will find items with vintage style or the quality construction that cannot be found in big-box home improvement warehouses.
Things to see at the Seattle store:
- Visit the Lavatory Lounge
- Stroll beneath the outstanding vintage lighting section
- Explore the back lot with architectural items and stone work
- Browse the extensive variety of classic door knobs, hinges, escutcheons and other hardware
- Enjoy the public bathroom that can't be described in words
- See the public mural that The RE Store collaborated on with Summit High School art students, Sustainable Ballard, artist David Benzler and Art Books Press
See what people have to say about us on Yelp.com
View our Inventory pages to see samples and featured items.
Find out what workshops and other events are happening
Learn about all the ways you can get involved with The RE Store
1440 N.W. 52nd Street
Seattle, WA 98107
Just north of the Ballard Bridge on the SE corner of 15th Ave NW and N.W. 52nd Street
Directions to the Seattle store
Winter Hours: Monday through Saturday 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Sundays 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Drop-off donations are welcome until 1 hour before closing.
If you are finishing a remodel project or cleaning out the garage, don't pay money to dump usable building materials or let them rot in the backyard! We accept a wide variety of building supplies, furniture for businesses and homes, and decorative items. We don't accept items that are broken, unsafe or deemed unsellable by our experienced staff. PLEASE CALL AHEAD to ensure that we are interested in your items.
Seattle: (206) 297-9119
Bellingham: (360) 647-5921
Depending on the materials that you donate, you may be eligible for:
- In-Store Trade Credit - for 10-25 percent of our retail price. Example: We give you 10 dollars trade credit for a door that we would sell for 40 dollars. *** Please note that if our Pick-Up Service comes to your location, the trade credit value will be assessed at 10-15 percent of The RE Store sales value. Tax receipts for donations are valued by you, even if we come and pick up your items.
- Tax receipt - you honestly determine the value of your donation to our non-profit organization. Please consult an accountant regarding tax deductions.
All donations to The RE Store are tax-deductible. Find out why you would want to donate to The RE Store?
Picking and Choosing Materials
While we want to keep as much as we can out of the landfill, we are selective and must view items before accepting them.
* DISCLAIMER * All items for sale on first-come, first-served basis.
Measurements provided by The RE Store sales staff should be verified by customers before purchase. Materials can sell very quickly and may be one-of-a-kind items.
Contacting us via telephone will ensure the quickest response. Phone numbers are listed in the footer at the bottom of every page.
*Please note that if our Pick-Up Service comes to your location, the trade credit value will be assessed at 15-20 percent of The RE Store sales value. Tax receipt donations are still determined by you if we come and pick up your items.
The RE Store is a non-profit organization, reducing waste, saving you money, and inspiring reuse since 1993.
Our Twitter feed
TheREStoreTweet: It's alive! Our last effort in the final month of our truck campaign. Check the short, action packed video: 3.5... http://t.co/U8zN0zETkn
TheREStoreTweet: This just in! A couple of pallets worth of live-edge oak and maple slabs. Ranging from 2-10' long - most are 4'... http://t.co/ItMQbCIqNg
TheREStoreTweet: Our friends at Village Nursery are hosting at Food Swap this weekend. More info about the Food Swap Co-op... http://t.co/H8K2s7O6KT
TheREStoreTweet: Natural ways to restore your salvage and reclaimed wood projects of any size or type: http://t.co/rwlUFcwMqw http://t.co/7nBfxEX0xy