What can I expect at The RE Store?
Locations and Hours
Donating materials - save money on disposal!
The RE Store in Bellingham, with almost 20,000 square feet of retail space, is located in the Fountain District, at the intersection of Meridian, Broadway, and Girard Street.
We feature a large selection of cabinets, doors, windows, lumber, flooring, paneling, lighting, sinks, tubs, toilets, trim, paint, hinges, knobs, hardware, plumbing parts, electrical, chairs, pipe, ducting, and much more. Something new is always coming off the truck, so if we don't have it today, check tomorrow.
"The staff have always been friendly and helpful and going to the Restore is fun. I have found important nubbins to fix things and ideas for projects, and I like recycling my excess materials, some that I have purchased there!" - M.K.
The RE Store generally prices our inventory at 50% of the price of new or less. You will find items with vintage style or the quality of construction that cannot be found in big-box home improvement warehouses.
Things to see at the Bellingham store:
- Visit the on-site warehouse, stocked with lumber, windows, tubs, trim stock and the clearance area
- Check out our line of MetroPaint - new paint made from recovered paint
- Drool over the vintage and contemporary tools section
- See the well-stocked tile section
- View cool funky signage and artistic decor around the store
- Rent meeting space upstairs in our green-built Sustainable Living Center educational facility. Visit the Sustainable Living Center page.
Find out what workshops and other events are happening
Learn about all the ways you can get involved with The RE Store
2309 Meridian Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
On the corner of Meridian, Broadway and Girard in Bellingham's Fountain District
Monday through Saturday 9 A.M. - 6 P.M.
Sundays 10 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Drop-off donations are welcome until 1 hour before closing.
If you are finishing a remodel project or cleaning out the garage, don't pay money to dump usable building materials or let them rot in the backyard! We accept a wide variety of building supplies, furniture for businesses and homes, and decorative items. We don't accept items that are broken, unsafe or deemed unsellable by our experienced staff. PLEASE CALL AHEAD to ensure that we are interested in your items.
Bellingham: (360) 647-5921
Seattle: (206) 297-9119
Depending on the materials that you donate, you may be eligible for:
- In-Store Trade Credit - for 10-25 percent of our retail price. Example: We give you 10 dollars trade credit for a door that we would sell for 40 dollars. *** Please note that if our Pick-Up Service comes to your location, the trade credit value will be assessed at 10-15 percent of The RE Store sales value. Tax receipts for donations are valued by you, even if we come and pick up your items.
- Tax receipt - you honestly determine the value of your donation to our non-profit organization. Please consult an accountant regarding tax deductions.
All donations to The RE Store are tax-deductible. Find out why you would want to donate to The RE Store?
Picking and Choosing Materials
While we want to keep as much as we can out of the landfill, we are selective and must view items before accepting them. We recommend that you visit our Recycling Options in Whatcom County page for more places that will reuse or recycle your stuff.
* DISCLAIMER * All items for sale on first-come, first-served basis.
Measurements provided by The RE Store sales staff should be verified by customers before purchase. Materials can sell very quickly and may be one-of-a-kind items.
Contacting us via telephone will ensure the quickest response. Phone numbers are listed in the footer at the bottom of every page.
*Please note that if our Pick-Up Service comes to your location, the trade credit value will be assessed at 15-20 percent of The RE Store sales value. Tax receipt donations are still determined by you if we come and pick up your items.
The RE Store is a non-profit organization, reducing waste, saving you money, and inspiring reuse since 1993.
Our Twitter feed
TheREStoreTweet: This just in! A couple of pallets worth of live-edge oak and maple slabs. Ranging from 2-10' long - most are 4'... http://t.co/ItMQbCIqNg
TheREStoreTweet: Our friends at Village Nursery are hosting at Food Swap this weekend. More info about the Food Swap Co-op... http://t.co/H8K2s7O6KT
TheREStoreTweet: Natural ways to restore your salvage and reclaimed wood projects of any size or type: http://t.co/rwlUFcwMqw http://t.co/7nBfxEX0xy
TheREStoreTweet: Hey Ballardites - join us this Saturday with our neighbors at Apex Automotive for their 49th Street Open House, 4-9p! http://t.co/EDnh8CHoDG