The RE Store's 12th Annual
Recycled Arts Show
Our Annual Recycled Arts Show in April and early May of 2013 will showcase three galleries in two cities, participatory art in action and other surprises that are still in the works.
Our Call for Submissions is now complete
- Three galleries in two cities
- Arty beach litter removal events in Bellingham and Seattle.
- The second annaul Recycled Art & Resource Expo in Bellingham, organized by our friends at Allied Arts of Whatcom County and our long-time recycled art sculptor and junk whiz, Thor Myhre.
The RE Store has been highlighting creative reuse, art and functional pieces made from reclaimed and found materials for a dozen years now. Our partners include galleries, non-profit organizations and a wide spectrum of artists from greater Cascadia (the Pacific NW and BC):
Event and Gallery Details
What: "Litter Becomes Art" beach cleanup and art installation
When: April 6, 10PM - 2PM– FREE
Where: Locust Beach, Bellingham – accessed from Locust Ave
What: A hands-on "Junk Sculpture" workshop, making art from cool junk provided by The RE Store
When: April 3-29
Where: Whatcom Museum's F.I.G. gallery at the Lightcatcher, included in Museum admission price, free for Museum members
What: Galleries with Recycled Art and Functional Designs
When: April and May - different dates for Seattle and Bellingham galleries
• Allied Arts of Whatcom County - 1418 Cornwall- April 5-28
• The RE Store – 2309 Meridian Street - April 5-28
• Blowing Sands Glass Studio and The Laura Frost Fine Arts Gallery, 5805 14th Ave NW, Seattle - April 13 - May 7
- Blowing Sands Glass Studio and The Laura Frost Fine Arts Gallery, 5805 14th Ave NW, Seattle - April 13 - May 7 - in Ballard
- Allied Arts of Whatcom County - 1418 Cornwall- April 5-28
- The RE Store in Bellingham – 2309 Meridian Street - April 5-28
- "Litter Becomes Art" arty beach litter removal and temporary art installation - Saturday April 6, 10am-2pm at Locust Beach
We will be partnering with the North Sound Bay Keeper and the Surfrider Foundation again this year. View our blog story about the Beach Litter Art Installation from last year.
View online photos galleries from our 2012 Recycled Art Galleries
View online photo galleries from our 2011 Recycled Art Galleries.
View online photo galleries from our 2006-2010 Recycled Art Galleries.
View online photo galleries from our 2011 Trash Fashion Shows.
View online photo galleries from our 2006-2010 Trash Fashion Shows.
See what the press had to say about our 2011 events.
Visit last year's Recycled Arts Show page - our 11th annual!.
Our Twitter feed
TheREStoreTweet: It's alive! Our last effort in the final month of our truck campaign. Check the short, action packed video: 3.5... http://t.co/U8zN0zETkn
TheREStoreTweet: This just in! A couple of pallets worth of live-edge oak and maple slabs. Ranging from 2-10' long - most are 4'... http://t.co/ItMQbCIqNg
TheREStoreTweet: Our friends at Village Nursery are hosting at Food Swap this weekend. More info about the Food Swap Co-op... http://t.co/H8K2s7O6KT
TheREStoreTweet: Natural ways to restore your salvage and reclaimed wood projects of any size or type: http://t.co/rwlUFcwMqw http://t.co/7nBfxEX0xy